Taylor Creek Park follows a major tributary to the Forks of the Don River. Three rivers meet at the forks and form the Lower Don River: the East Don, the West Don and this tributary. Known by several names over the years, the two most commonly used names — Taylor and Massey Creek — are taken from two families with important historical ties to the area. A third name, Silver Creek, was used during the early 1800’s.
Mature forests, scrub communities and marsh habitat support a diversity of wildlife and regionally rare plants . Directions: Vehicles can enter Taylor Creek Park at Don Mills Road, Haldon Avenue or Dawes Road. Public transit includes the Dawes 23, Cosburn 87, and O’Connor 70 buses. Victoria Park subway station is five minutes walk from the east park entrance. Information provided by the Toronto website.